1. Time with a baby flies by. My little newborn is not really very little or ‘newborn’ anymore. He is my 6 week old, 11lb 4oz baby boy with all of the yummy rounded squishiness that entails! Also how is the middle of June already?!
2. We suspect that Matthew has a bit of dairy intolerance so (under advice from our HV) I am cutting out all dairy for a 7 day trial. I am on day 2. I already miss cheese. Tea is not the same.
Happily, I think I am already noticing some positive improvements …. but this also means I may have to stay cheese free for ?? months! :-O
3. Emma is the big sister I always knew she would be. She adores Matthew and wants cuddles and kisses at all times. Her latest thing is to sit and ‘read’ a story to him, my heart is never as full as in those moments. I hope she loves him this much always.
4. Family photos where everyone looks in the right direction at the same time with a happy face are impossible. The opportunity to have somebody snap one isn’t all that frequent either, but I will keep trying!
5. Life as a parent of two is very different. Some times it is simply hard (i.e. when Vince is at work, it’s bedtime, the baby is crying from wind pain, Emma is having a meltdown because she can’t wear her Princess costume and I have tiredness induced headache and consider joining in with the crying…) and the other times it is simply wonderful and I feel complete and at peace with my lovely little family.
Have a lovely weekend! Wishing you all some beautiful summer weather!