Half a Year!
Two days ago marked my tiny little newborn baby turning 6 months old.
Which means we are officially half way through his first year in this world. (Don’t worry I’m not teary eyed or anything…)
Reaching this milestone age has meant some good things for the Wade family home life. Here are 5 fab facts about Matthew at 6 months…
- We have started solid foods! Three cheers for weaning! Matthew loves his food. He has an appetite like his daddy and literally throws himself at food… as long as it is on a spoon. He has zero interest in finger foods… my baby-led weaning ideas are on hold.
- Nap times are go! We have relatively predictable morning and afternoon naps that take place in his cot and not in my arms/bouncer chair/floor rug. I am currently thrilled about this new development but it has been half term this week so we will see if it all still works out when nursery/class/group runs are factored in.
- Sleep is improving! Slowly, in a three steps forward two steps back type of progression. But hey, in the last 7 nights I have had three with a 6 hour stretch of sleep. A long way to go but still a much prayed for improvement!
- Matthew has suddenly decided that dummies are a good thing and I have taken the stance – anything to help us sleep. Currently only at nap time and usually half way through the night he gets a dummy to help him settle. So far I am doing a pretty good job of stuffing my irrational ‘mum guilt’ far away… but really I am already worrying in the back of my mind about when and how I break the habit *sigh*.
- I would normally include a weight update in this sort of post but he won’t be weighed till Wednesday. He is a very healthy growing boy and you will just have to take my word for it. He is my chunky monkey – 50% human baby 50% squidge. (Seriously scientific stats right there.)
- BONUS:: This little boy is an absolute joy. He is truly loved by so many wonderful people and his mummy, daddy and big sister adore him. His personality is starting to bloom and it is the perfect fit for our little family, I am so lucky that God chose me to be his mummy.
All of that said I still can’t come to terms with being half way through his first year. At all.
Excuse me while I go and sob over a dairy-free bourbon.