1. Time for blogging is something I am still not finding as much of as I would like to, the little people in my life demand most of it. I am working on finding more hours in my week but in the mean time do come and find me on various social media! You can find my follow buttons in the side bar on the right (or scroll down to the bottom if you are on a mobile…). I am also now on Bloglovin’ so do please come follow me there too!
2. I am definitely going to be dairy free for the long haul. Yesterday was the day of our food challenge… e.g. I had milk and cheese… the last 24 hours have been tough for my poor little guy… and no picnic for me! I wish I had savoured the moment of what may have been my last cheese for 12 months.
3. We are finally able to enjoy our little garden again. Our neighbours have recently moved, taking their 5 cats with them which means our garden is no longer a litter tray for them(!). Vince has spent much time clearing, weeding and generally making it a nice place to be again. Emma has also dived into gardening and planted up our window box with only a little help from daddy.
4. Talking of Emma… I love her talking. She talks often, usually loudly and at speed, which can sometimes be a little wearing but mostly I find myself marvelling at the conversations I can have with my little girl now. The development of language is truly an amazing gift to thank God for. But despite how many times a day I wonder where she learnt a new word or meaning she still has certain toddler-isms that crack me up. My current favourite when she is tired or too excited is her confusion between ‘outside’ and ‘back garden’, I have often been asked this week if we can go “back side”. I’m afraid it’s the child in me that finds this so amusing. Ha!
5. We went on a family day out to the zoo! I had been feeling anxious about this trip, I was fairly convinced that it was going to be a more stress than fun with a 7 week old baby that still wants to nurse every 2-3 hours and protests loudly if he can’t. Happily we went anyway, Matthew was absolutely fine and we all had a really lovely day together. Thank goodness for stretchy wraps that keep babies content and asleep!
Have a lovely weekend!