This year I am not making new year resolutions as such… I have found that ‘New Year Resolutions’ tend to have a kind of stigma of being unattainable or quickly forgotten about or otherwise broken long before the years end. Perhaps it is just me that feels this way but I think that perhaps this becomes a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts.
So, no ‘resolutions’ for me this year. I do however have 14 goals for the coming year that I would like to achieve. Some are personal, others for my family or financial, and while some are short term to be achieved within weeks others are much longer and will take the year.
- Spend less wasted/unproductive time on computers/phones/social media.
- Spend time reading my Bible daily.
- Make more time for general reading.
- Write a blog post at least 2-3 times a week.
- No more late starts, everyone up no later than 8am. (Hubby works late shifts so as a family we tend to run on late nights & late mornings)
- Consistently eat breakfast and dinner at the table as a family.
- Eat more healthily (Particularly fruits & veggies, Emma I’m looking at you!)
- Open two bank accounts for Emma, a junior ISA and savings account.
- Take out life insurance policies for Vince and myself.
- Start this years annual online savings, one for summer, one for December 2014.
- Open a long term savings account for a rainy day fund.
- Complete the Crochet Mood Blanket 2014 (more on this soon!)
- Where possible make clothes for Emma and myself instead of buying new.
- Find a direction and give more time and energy to selling my makes.
I think there are a few other little goals in my mind for the coming year really, but these are the prioritised 14. Blessedly, things such as spending quality time with my husband and daughter are things that I am already able to do daily, for which I am incredibly thankful.
I hope your new year is getting off to a happy and positive start. Do you have any goals or resolutions for 2014? I’d love to hear them 🙂