I cant believe we’re nearly in the last week of September! I don’t know where this past week has gone but it has somehow disappeared and taken some of our money with it. Time to catch you up on how the challenge is going 🙂A little reminder of what I am aiming for:
1) To keep our weekly grocery shop ( ie. food & toiletries) at £30 or under.
This will mainly mean writing and keeping to a menu plan and eating less expensive meals.
2) To keep any extra essential expenses for September as far under £120 as possible (and definitely not over!)
This means things such as a hair cut for Emma, petrol costs, etc… (my birthday.. ahem.. :P)
To put at least £50 into the Christmas Savings accountDone!
4) To reduce our overdraft by a minimum of £250.
1) Once again we didn’t manage quite to stay on budget this week, but it still wasn’t a drastic overspend. We spent £34.41, very similar to last week. We have still been sticking to our menu plan really well and this week did require us to buy more nappies (without these we would have come in under budget!) so I’m still pretty pleased with how we’re doing.
2) From the extras fund we spent a little more as Emma needed a new waterproof/winter coat and a new pair of warm trousers. This came to £22.50, so that is £75/£120.
4) All our bills except rent have now been paid out. We reduced our overdraft limit by £250 on the 6th and we look set to end the month with about £110 left on the overdraft if not more. For the last 9 months we’ve been living to the very limit of a too large overdraft facility every month so this is finally a huge step forward for us! We are actually on track to end the year overdraft free!
I also have another custom order this week so again there is a little extra money that will eventually be put towards our Christmas fund.
If you have been joining in with the challenge has your third week gone well? Or are you waiting for the month to be over?!