We are at the end of the second week of September (which means we’re half way through the challenge!) and it’s time to catch you up on how it’s going 🙂
A little reminder of what I am aiming for:
1) To keep our weekly grocery shop ( ie. food & toiletries) at £30 or under.
This will mainly mean writing and keeping to a menu plan and eating less expensive meals.
2) To keep any extra essential expenses for September as far under £120 as possible (and definitely not over!)
This means things such as a hair cut for Emma, petrol costs, etc… (my birthday.. ahem.. :P)
To put at least £50 into the Christmas Savings account
4) To reduce our overdraft by a minimum of £250.
1) We didn’t manage quite so well this week, but it wasn’t drastic. We spent £34.12 which is obviously over the £30 budget. Although we have been sticking to the menu plan really well I am starting to notice we have two items that we go through a lot of each week, milk & cheese! Milk is down to the fact Emma still has two beakers a day, plus a number teas & coffees through the day and any baking and cooking that requires it, I don’t think this will change too soon. Cheese however is different and we really need to reign that in! Happily I have a little birthday money in the bank that I will use to make up that little overspend and keep us on track.
2) From the extras fund all we’ve spent this week is £2.50 on a little hair trim for Emma (Yay for toddler prices!) So that is £52.50/£120.
4) As last week, the majority of our monthly bills/rent have yet to go out but we seem well on track to achieve this at the moment 🙂
I also completed a custom order this week so there is a little extra money that hopefully will build up a little more through the month and be put towards either our Christmas fund or paying off the overdraft.
If you have been joining in with the challenge has your second week gone as well as the first? Or perhaps better?!