So we are pretty much at the end of the first week of September and I thought I’d catch you up on how it’s going 🙂
A little reminder of what I am aiming for:
1) To keep our weekly grocery shop ( ie. food & toiletries) at £30 or under.
This will mainly mean writing and keeping to a menu plan and eating less expensive meals.
2) To keep any extra essential expenses for September as far under £120 as possible (and definitely not over!)
This means things such as a hair cut for Emma, petrol costs, etc… (my birthday.. ahem.. :P)
3) To put at least £50 into the Christmas Savings account
4) To reduce our overdraft by a minimum of £250.
1) We managed this quite well this week, I wrote a menu plan that would make the most of what we already had and more importantly stuck to it! I formed our shopping list accordingly and we managed to get the weeks food with nappies & wipes for £26.83. This will see us through to Sunday nights dinner.
2) So far we have put £30 worth of petrol in the car and Vince has taken £20 to spend on a few bits for my birthday. So that is £50/£120.
3) Done! Hoping I might put a little extra in at the end of the month.
4) Well the monthly bills/rent have yet to go out but we seem well on track to exceed this at the moment. Yay!
All in all not too bad for the first week I don’t think! Here’s hoping the rest of the month will go as smoothly! I think I will make Friday my update day 🙂
If you have been joining in with the challenge has your first week gone well?!
Previous Challenge Posts
September No-Low Spend Challenge