Happy New Year!
Did you all enjoy your new year celebrations? We had a lovely quiet evening, just the two of us, some comedy tv shows and nibbles. Emma slept soundly all night, even through all the very loud local fireworks. Just about perfect in my books.
Each new year I always make a new years resolution or two, but it’s always a bit half hearted and made out of tradition more than anything. This year I really wanted to make a point of using resolutions properly as goals for the year. So I’m going to post our resolutions here as a record and print them out to pin up somewhere as a daily reminder to us.
Naomi’s Resolutions 2013
- Keep a household management binder – I love lists and charts for helping me keep on top of things and the aspiring domestic goddess inside me could use a little organisation!
- To not have more than two projects on the go at once – i.e. I really must start finishing what I’m working on before starting the next thing.
- Learn to knit! – I am very confident with a crochet hook and have built up a reasonable speed now but the art of knitting completely eludes me, by the end of 2013 I hope to have mastered knitting as well as I crochet.
- To write blog posts more frequently!
Vince’s Resolutions 2013
- To lose some weight and get fitter.
- To make some big decisions about his career – the direction he wants to take and taking action to get there.
Family Resolutions 2013
- To increase the variety of our daily intake of fruit and vegetables.
- To eat dinner together at the dining room table every day.
- To try and go swimming as a family twice a month.
Do you have any goals or resolutions for 2013? Or any tips for staying on track?!
I love the fresh and positive, clean-slate feeling of the beginning of a new year and I feel like 2013 is going to be a wonderful year 🙂 I hope you are all having a good start to 2013!