As it is the first of the month and we have had a few little ‘firsts’ lately I thought I would dedicate a post to them!
1. We finally went on our first day trip as a family just for the sake of having a day out together! We hopped on a train and went up to London for the day on Friday and it was a truly lovely day.
2. Vince had a little ‘first’ that day in the shape of changing the nappy of a wriggling baby on a moving train, fun! Mummy managed to avoid this particular first as happy accident would have it.
3. I got to enjoy two ‘firsts’ that day both involving food! I finally sampled a macaron from Paul a lovely french patisserie in London. I have been taunted by macarons on so many blogs for well over a year but have only seen them in London which I don’t get to very often now.
4. I also visited The Hummingbird Bakery in Soho and tried Red Velvet cake, or cupcake to be precise. I have been slightly doubtful about this cake since first discovering its existence, having read about many dry and/or brown disasters but I trust this bakery and was not disappointed.
5. For Emma almost every day holds a ‘first’ or two which is so exciting. But worth noting was her first ever train journey and first time to London. That said, she was entirely unimpressed and slept through most of the day!
6. A bigger first for Emma that has happened this week and is probably my favourite development so far is her hand-eye coordination. She has just worked out how to reach out and grab things which means she can actually play! Just about at any rate! She also has a definite favourite toy which is a little multi-coloured stripy ring-rattle that looks like an owl. It’s mummy’s favourite toy too!
Home after a long day out and in true Emma-style she refuses to look at daddy or the camera! No matter how many takes we tried!
Have you had any ‘firsts’ recently? Even little ones like us? Do let me know, I’d love to hear them! Hope you all had a good start to April!
x x x X x x x